Sunday 18 September 2011

A Way to Street Photography - from B&W and Sepia

Read a number of street photography blogs recently, it's enjoyable! I like the B&W and sepia color setting of many street photography that i have seen. It's inspired me to do some similar style of shooting in my recent visit to Rochester Park, Singapore (1/9/2011).

Besides the photos I have taken in the restaurant - Krish. I really have to share some of the experience that i have in the restaurant. They have many good special style indian foods, nice environment and good service which is difficult that seen in S* recently .. please see my photo below.


(Lumix G 14-42mm, 17mm, f/3.9, 1/2sec, center-weighted average metering)
This photo is taken handheld, I'm very satisfied with the Mega O.I.S performance of the lenses. I think it pretty sharp at a shutter speed of 1/2sec. BUT please note that i used the EVF which added some additional stability to the camera. (SO keen to try the new Lumix lenses which adopted Power O.I.S which they claimed the I.S. is 2x more effective than Mega O.I.S)


(Lumix G 14-42mm, 14mm, f/3.5, 1/15sec, multi pattern metering)
A nice photo which contain three countries clock, and comment left by the customers. Most of the comments are giving credits to the restaurant.

(Lumix G 14-42mm lenses, 14mm, f/3.5, 1/20sec, multi pattern metering)
The restaurant feeling is exactly the same as the photos that we can see from the photos here. Another advantages of the B&W and sepia photo is the ISO noise can be neglected at some extend.

(Lumix G 14-42mm lenses, 42mm, f/5.6, 1/4sec, multi pattern metering)

Just to share some of the good free ebook from some of the great street photographer ...
  1. http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/09/new-street-photography-magazine-radiate-released-issue-1/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EricKimStreetPhotographyBlog+%28Eric+Kim+Street+Photography+Blog%29
  2. http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/07/download-going-candid-a-free-street-photography-e-book-by-thomas-leuthard/
  3. http://erickimphotography.com/blog/2011/08/download-thomas-leuthards-85mm-new-street-photography-book-collecting-souls-what-street-photography-means-to-me-for-free/
Those ebook provides some very good information of street photography to beginner like me ...

Generally, I like the street photographer Eric Kim style. I learnt a lot of street photography shooting style in his blog, maybe can try some in the near future ...

(Lumix G 14-42mm lenses, 14mm, f/3.5, 1/6sec, multi pattern metering)

Generally, as the photo demonstrated here, the Lumix G1 and Lumix G 14-42mm lenses are really good and the Mega O.I.S is performed very well at least to my standard (very little image blur at handheld 1/2 sec at 17mm as demonstrated in the first photo here).

No comments: