Wednesday 21 September 2011

First Experience - Street Photography learn from Eric Kim

After reading so many street photography from the famous street photographer - Eric Kim, I'm so exciting to try my first street photography... the location is near Buona Vista area in Singapore. Everyone is so busy "walking" as I think they are rushing back home ... I'm using my 2 years old LX3 to do my first assignment as i think it's small enough to be "stealthy".



Above photo is my first shot, everyone is busy doing their own business ...


Composition is not the best, because i took it in a very short time frame .... Method that i used: set manual focus, F/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO-400, infinity focus. I learned this method from Eric Kim. It remove the shutter lag and focus time for me. .... it's pretty useful. BTW, you may need a lot of train to understand your camera so that you can take the best exposure ....



This is really really a nervous one. Problem: I think i'm not close enough and the focusing not good enough .... I think i need more practice ...


Another method learn from Eric Kim. I took the shot with manual focus: f/2, 1/320sec, ISO-800, focus point: near infinity. I used the method that put the camera on my hip, so it's become more "stealthy".


 Rushing out MRT ...

1 comment:

john smith said...

The fifth shot. A couple of middle-aged men on their way back from the vegetable market. Shot at Sodepur, BT Road Junction. https://portugalurlaub.tumblr.com/post/156724908137/penedageres