Thursday 18 August 2011

First MFT camera-Panasonic Lumix G1 and Canon FD 50mm F/1.4

I'm a new learner in photography after affected by few friend of playing of DSLR. After "mixing" with friend, i started to study and learning some basic foundation of camera. Micro four third is the type that I understand very deeply (i guess so...), because i just like it small size n the quality that it can produce.

After a long long search and market study, I made the decision to purchase Panasonic Lumix G1. I bought the camera at a rather cheaper price, around SGD450 with a standard kit lenses as this is a 2nd hand camera. Even though this is an old camera, but I'm still very satisfy with the quality that it produce, it's just fantastic! Beside the camera, I purchase one Canon FD 50mm, F1.4 lenses (SGD150) and FD lenses to MFT adapter(SGD30). I will be sharing more with you guys of my experience with my setup, hope u enjoy it!


My Lumix G1 with 14-42mm lenses

 
Canon FD 50mm F1.4 lenses and Canon FD to m43 adapter

Both photos are taken by my Lumix LX3, some interesting finding: second photo is taken with Lumix LX3 with metering set to "spot metering" then manual focus on the "CANON LENS FD". This background is blended with mixture of white color fluorescent light on the left and warm color light on the right. I like the focus and spot metering on the "dark" CANON word, the background is hence blended by two different color temperature light source perfectly

No comments: